clematis ‘Samaritan Jo’
- 2013 BOULEVARD(TM) Clematis patio collection
- sturdy compact deciduous climber
- pinnate leaves divided into ovate, pointed, dark green leaflets
- star shaped silvery white/pink magenta edged blooms
- late Spring to early autumn
- Group 2
Purchase 2019 and repotted the following year with saxifrage companions to keep roots cool (but the companion plants died from the root ?weevil). Profuse flowering over a long season – perfect for my potted garden.
Spring 2021 Wanted to take this with me when I move so had to uproot from resident container. Potted on in fresh compost, fed and watered – fingers crossed it will survive the disturbance.
Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring. Trim all remaining stems to strong buds. Deadhead to encourage more flowers later in the season