single, white flowers from the tips of each shoot with an appealing simplicity. The blooms are later replaced by large black berries
Aka Jet Bead, White kerria, Rhodotypos kerrioides
- deciduous shrub
- arching branches
- deeply veined, mid-green leaves
- pale yellow foliage in autumn
- four-petalled, papery white flower
- late Spring/early summer blooms
- followed by glossy, spherical, black fruit.
Info: a sole species in the rose family, in this genus. It occurs naturally in scrub and woodland in China and Japan
Notes: Purchased November 2022 from Burncoose Nurseries for the Japanese woodland garden
You must be logged in to post a comment.